We expect this and we get that! Life is simply unfair and we worry and worry! So many challenges facing young people today. Life is full of many concerns stemming from the absence of certainty and control over the future! As a result many tend to worry about everything.
The economy of the country, the state of education and amenities, terrorism coupled with bomb blast everywhere, difficulty in securing college/university admission, joblessness after graduation, relationship issues, etc all call for concerns and we worry about them.
Young people worry about so many things:
- What does the future hold for me?
- Will I ever pass my exams?
- Will I ever get a right partner in marriage?
- I’m no longer young and I’m not engaged yet!
- How will I get money to pay my fees and meet my needs?
- I’m too short, I’m too tall, I’m too thin, I’m too fat, I don’t have the “correct figure”., my nose is big, my belly is big, my buttock is small, my breasts are too small or too big, I’m this, I’m that!
- Everybody is ahead of me! I don’t have a good phone, I don’t even have an IPAD!
- Nobody seems to like me, everybody hates me.
- When will I get healed from this ailment?
- I’m disabled!
- When will I settle down, when will I get the right job, when will I have a car, when will I get married!
- Worry! Worry! Worry!
The bible says in Philippians 4:6-7 “Do not worry about anything, instead pray about everything; tell God your needs and don’t forget to thank Him for His answers. If you do this you will experience God’s peace which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus”-TLB
As believers we are to substitute works with prayers, which includes thanksgiving and praises. God is a good God, he loves us and will never leave us alone.
When we worry we assume God is not doing anything as per us!
FACTS & TRUTH ABOUT WORRIES & ANXIETIES!
Worry is proportional to our sense of security: when life is going as planned, things are working well and we feel safe in our life routines, then worries subdue. Likewise worry increases when we feel threatened, insecure or are overly focused on and committed to some result (i.e if we have high expectations)
Worries increase when we become focused on the things of this world: Jesus said the treasures of this world are subject to decay and can be taken away, but heavenly treasures are secure. Mathew 6:19-21. “Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal, for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also”.
Sometimes fear and anxiety are the result of one’s own sin and guilt: if you have committed a sin or done anything evil, your fear and anxiety is probably God and your own conscience trying to get your attention. You need to repent, confess your sin, seek God’s forgiveness, and set things right. Sometimes worry can lead to sins of hatred, abuse and bad practices, trying to get a quick (sinful) fix for your problem!
Worry can cause sickness to our body: hypertension, depression, insomnia and other mental illness, what happens in our mind goes a long way to affect our body and reactions, several students have developed mental issues like acute depression as a result of incessant failure of exams or inability to secure a school admission, or inability to get a spouse in time. No amount of worry can add a second to your life rather it cuts it short. Why do you want to run mad? Why are you having suicidal attempt? Why do you want to kill yourself? Because of worry and anxiety! Most of our fears don’t even happen!
Jesus said “Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? For after all these things do the Gentiles seek: for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof”. – Mathew 6:25-34
The master has said it all “take no thought for your life” don’t worry about life, don’t be anxious! It doesn’t say don’t plan but rather don’t be worried!
HAKUNA MATATA! It means no worries!
Develop a very strong faith in the Lord, pray and trust Him instead of burdening yourself with worries “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil. It shall be health to thy navel and marrow to thy bones”- Prov.3:5-8.
Why carry the burden on your head when Jesus said “come unto me all of you who are weary and carry heavy burden , and I will give you rest take my yoke upon you, let me teach you because I am humble and gentle, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke fits perfectly and the burden I give you is light” Mathew 11:28-30 (TLB)
WHEN FACED WITH CHALLENGES IN LIFE… shouting “oh God” “bull shit” “fuck shit” 1 million times will not solve the issues rather; Seek a positive way out! Seek for the right solution! Ask these simple questions: what is the way out? What is the next step to take?, what next? Pray about it, let God speak to you, seek godly counsel, then act! Take step!
Other things you can do to overcome worry & anxiety include:
- Sleep: sleep deprivation can increase anxiety, give yourself good sleep, get enough rest
- Be more realistic: many people are worried and anxious about events that will never happen to them, take life one at a time.
- Listen: listen to relaxing, soothing music, great Christian songs, inspiring and soul lifting songs and messages, read the bible, spend time to hear God, you will hear God speak to that situation!
- Have fun: Do something you enjoy (not sinful thing), go to a relaxation spot, laugh! Laugh! Laugh! You can’t be laughing and be worrying at the same time.
- Talk to someone: problem shared is half solved, but mind who you talk to, share your burden with a counselor, a pastor, a friend that can help, a doctor, you can talk to us too.
- Take action: don’t procrastinate, you are looking for a job take step, you want to start a business take step.
- Exercise: medical studies shows that exercise can help lower anxiety!
SOME QUOTES ABOUT WORRIES & ANXIETIES
- If you have enough push, you don’t have to worry about the pull – Zig Ziglar
- Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul. Worry distrust , bows the heart and turns the spirit back to dust – Samuel Ullman
- Enjoy the journey, enjoy every moment and quit worrying about winning and losing – Matt Blondi
- As a rule men worry more about what they can’t see than about what they can – Julius Caesar
- I believe God is managing affairs and that he doesn’t need any advice from me. With God in charge, I believe everything will work out for the best in the end. So what is there to worry about.- Henry Ford.
- Worry is interest paid on trouble before it falls due. – William R. Inge.
- Do not anticipate trouble or worry about what may never happen, keep in the sunlight – Benjamin Franklin
- Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and celebrate the journey – Barbara Hoffman.
Finally, “casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you”- 1Pet.5:7… Cast your cares on Jesus, he cares for you. Hakuna matata
SAY NO TO WORRIES!
SAY NO TO DEPRESSION!
SAY NO TO SUICIDE!
HAKUNA MATATA—NO MORE WORRIES!
hit like and share! Read other articles, visit our home page.
We also value your comments (your email will not be published).
Will you like to get instant updates for new posts? … enter your email address on the sidebar or below to subscribe.